Wednesday 4 July 2012

DIY: Microwave Potato Chips... Mmm Mmm MMM!!


Well, I honestly never thought chips made in a microwave could possibly be better than those from a store, but was I ever WRONG! I love getting kettle chips at The Worx when we go there for supper and was excited to learn that it was super easy and quick to make them at home!! If you know me well, you know that I LOVE chips and it's no problem for me to eat a whole BIG bag in one setting.

This quick and simple trick will have you making your own tasty chips all the time!

Wash your potato (or however many you choose to make) and slice it with a potato slicer. If you don't have a slicer, it's okay, you can use a knife. Just make sure to slice the pieces really thin. If they are thick they won't cook and crisp right. You pretty much want to see through them, very flimsy!


Lay the slices out on a paper towel and pat them dry with another paper towel. I just take the other paper towel and lay it flat over top and press lightly.


They say to spice them up after they come out of the microwave, but I find the spices and salt sticks better when they are still moist before going in the microwave. So grab your salt and/or spices of choice and sprinkle some seasoning on them! Place the slices on parchment paper or on a glass plate.


Throw the plate in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, depending how good your microwave is. Check to make sure they are crispy and cooked and take them out to cool. Let them stand for 5 minutes, take them off the plate, throw them in a bowl and enjoy your HEALTHY snack!!


I know I am. Heck, I made 1 potato then went back 20 minutes later and made another one... And let me tell ya, these weren't the smallest potatoes. hehehe. Enjoy!

xOx

Click here to Like Designs & Decor on a Dime on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment