Monday 23 July 2012

DIY: Customized Makeup Brushes!!!


Feeling crafty and you just need to paint something? I get that urge... a lot! So I looked around the house in search of what I could find. I have a lot of makeup brushes... mostly for my eyes, a few bigger ones for blush. But I'm definitely an eye shadow kind of girl, always wearing different bright colours, resulting in having a few brushes, most of them being plain white. As you can see from the pics below, they aren't new... I just grabbed the brushes that I have now, they are good brushes that last awhile. And it's definitely time to dress these bad girls up!

I see a lot of awesome printed make up brushes in the store, but of course, they are rather expensive and something I won't spend a lot of money on. So lets just see what these hands can do!

I'm sure all your friends will ask where you bought 'em. :) They'll be asking you to make them some too after you tell them your little secret... You made them yourself! FYI: If you want to do this and you don't have brushes or if you are doing this for a gift for your bestie, the Dollarama has brushes and they work great!!

What you need:
Wooden Makeup Brushes
Sanding Block
Craft/Acrylic Paint
Paint Brushes

What you do:
Sand down the handles of the brush to roughen them up so the paint sticks to the surface better!


Paint on your base coat and let dry.





If your brushes need another coat, add a second!


Once your base coat(s) completely dry it's time to get creative and paint pretty designs on them! Or you can just leave them the one colour! Have fun with it! Be colourful or go for the black and white look!! I'm not the best free hander ... but I did it anyway! I was gonna get out the tape... but thought it a little too much if it's just for me!!



Definitely makes me like doing my makeup all the more better in the morning with my pretty new brushes! 

xOx - L

Click here to Like Designs & Decor on a Dime on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment